Monday, February 11, 2013

It's really about the skin

SO sorry for the long silence here on my little blog. What is it about February that makes a person so lazy? While I may have been extra quiet, I have been thinking a lot. I have been thinking about my clients. I have been thinking about make up. I have been thinking about how to be a better make up artist. And I realized something after all this thinking, I always get asked the same questions when I do clients make up. They tell me they don't know much about make up and then they began asking about the brushes and the products and everything. They want to learn something. And then I thought about my trail sessions. What if I could teach each client one new thing, something they could take with them and use every day. What is the one most important thing I could teach my clients? And that is when I realized it. I want to teach people about their skin. I want them to know about the skin care products I love and why. I want them to know what to do in the 30 days leading up to their wedding to make them feel the most confident in their skin on their special day. I want them to know how to take care of their skin so their most beautiful, radiant day doesn't have to be just one day, it can be every day. But I don't want to keep this just to my trail sessions, so with this in mind I am starting a new series on the blog. A skin series, where I highlight some of my favorite skin care products, and maybe throw in a give away every now and then! I also want to hear from my readers about the skin care products you love and why. So to kick off the series....


ARCONA Eye Dew

I just bought this product and have only been using it two days, but I absolutely love it already and think it will become a permanent part of my skin care routine! I purchased it from Nordstrom's and it was around $30. I am a firm believer that if you are going to splurge on skin care, take care of your eyes. This stuff has received some great reviews and been featured in several magazines and can be found in some Hollywood make up bags! It really lives up to all the hype. I have been applying it in the morning before I put on my eye makeup, all over the eyelid up to the brow and underneath the eye (a little goes a long way with this stuff). It has the most wonderful cooling sensation and my eyes instantly felt awake and I felt at the end of the day the skin around my eyes still felt hydrated. You can opt to use it at night instead, or make it a part of your routine for a.m. and p.m.

I am interested to hear some of your favorite eye products!
xoxo,
fefe

No comments:

Post a Comment